Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mighty Angus & Grand Angus Burgers from McDonalds (Australia)

I've heard a lot of radio ads about this new McDonalds Angus beef burger over the past week, so after an hour long lunch meeting today, I decided to spoil myself with some "healthy" food.

By the time I got to Macas, it's already like 2:30pm... so you can imagine how HUNGRY I was! I went straight for the Mighty Angus- it's got the Angus beef patty (of course), cheese, bacon, raw red onions, cooked brown onion, all on a sourdough bun (man, sourdough is my favourite type of bread!). The other version of the burger is call Grand Angus, and it's basically the Mighty, minus the bacon, and replaced with healthier stuffs like lettuces, tomatoes etc etc...

(I only started to take the pics half way thru eating... I was too hungry!!!)

According to both the McDonalds and Certified Australian Angus Beef Pty Ltd (CAAB) websites, the beef used in these 2 premium Macas burgers are all CAAB-verified Angus Beef, which means that the beef used must come from an animal sired by an Angus bull and be out of either a straight-bred Angus cow, or an Angus cross cow.  Pretty fancy stuff huh?!


I've now fully digested the burger (hubby won't be too pleased about my onion breathe... ops!), and have to say that the beef patty in the Angus burger does taste different... with the Angus patty, you can actually feel and eat the meat (you know what the standard patty tastes and feels like right?). It's not bad, and is well worth a try.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *
Related websites:

No comments:

Post a Comment