Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Zymil

If you are lactose intolerant, you might find this useful.

Came across an ad for this Zymil Milk while browsing on the net. Went to their site and read about the milk and learned the science behind being lactose intolerant (which is embarrassing, considering all these years that I've been lactose intolerant myself).



Basically people who are lactose intolerant lacks a particular enzyme (call lactase) in their system, and this deficiency makes it difficult for the person's system to breakdown the lactose, which in turn causes discomfort in his/her stomach.

In Zymil, they claim that the lactose in the milk have already been broken down, so lactose intolerant people can comfortably drink this milk.



Having read about it, of course I've to try it myself. I have drank this as part of breakfast over the past few days, and my stomach has not been complaining... which is great news, cos I can finally have milk minus the stomach problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment