Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sydney Dust Storm 23.09.2009



When I woke up to the bright orange sky this morning, my first sleepy thought was.... "umm, bushfire?" but as there's no heat, I figured it must be something else... but at 6am in the morning... what better thing to do than to go back to bed....

When we finally woke up and got ready to leave for work, yes I did notice that our white ceramic tiled floor has kinda turned to this brownish red... and I thought, "O... PP- what have you been up to in the garden? playing with the soil with your wet hands & feet..."

It's not only when we got into the car and turned on the radio that we realised this is a dust storm...

Some mundane aftermath of this dust storm on our household:-

  • loads and loads of dust came through into our house via PP's doggie door.... which meant we spent some time tonight to mop the floor... and have only gotten rid of the first layer of dust... still will need to use bleach on the weekend, as well as wiping the kitchen, table, chairs etc... (ARGH!!!)
  • I had to wash my face with cleansing oil, soap and milk (yes altogether, 3 times) before I feel clean enough to go on with my other cleansing routine...
  • PP's turned from a white / dirty grey dog, into this partially light rusty brown coloured dog... it's as if she's got her hair dyed... she needs to be cleaned... 
  • cos PP still insists on sleeping on our bed... man, our bed sheets etc all need to be washed... 

No comments:

Post a Comment